So you are ready to take the first step to joining us at PSYL as one of our 16 amazing animators! Fill in the form below to help us get to know you better.
Please read and make sure you have understood the following expectations before making an application:
- The Pearson Seminar on Youth Leadership is a challenging experience which requires a full commitment from all who participate. Animators should be:
- responsible, with the ability to benefit from new learning experiences
- open in outlook and committed to acting in service of the UWC mission
- willing to assume responsibility in a team atmosphere and hold themselves and their peers to a high standard
- interested in further improving and developing leadership skills and willing to offer, receive, and act on feedback
- able to demonstrate maturity and good judgment
- prepared to share their experiences with others
- committed to acting in a professional role, and to adhering to principles set forth for staff of PSYL
- In order to be eligible to join us as an Animator, you must be a recent PSYL alum or a current student at any of the UWC schools and colleges;
- Animators must be available to arrive by 6 July, 2020. Training for the animator team is scheduled for 6-11 July. The animators then support the program for the 80 youth participants starting 12 July. The role will last until departure on the morning of 1 August, 2020. Unfortunately, we cannot accommodate early arrivals or late departures.
- Animators are responsible for covering visa, insurance and travel costs to get to Victoria, BC, Canada from their point of origin. From the time the animators reach Victoria, all expenses – including accommodation, food, training, all program activities, and transfer from/to Victoria – are covered by PSYL.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Call us at 250 391 2411
650 Pearson College Drive
Victoria, BC, Canada