Pearson Summer Outdoor Leadership Day CampsJust minutes from the Westshore and most of Greater Victoria, for the first-time ever, Pearson is welcoming 6 to 14-year-olds to activity-packed and educational outdoor leadership camps every week in July and August! Register Now
Join us on Beautiful Pedder Bay
Day campers will experience 77 acres of West Coast shoreline and forested trails, offering a fun and adventurous setting for outdoor challenges, leadership and community-building and cultural activities.
In all our activities, your child’s safety is paramount! Here’s just a sample of some of the adventures coming this summer:
> Team Building
> Arts & Crafts
> Drama, Music & Dance
> Celebration of Difference
> Nature Hikes
Weather permitting, your child will have the opportunity to experience area field trips to Race Rocks Ecological Reserve, safe and supervised kayak tours of Pedder Bay and swimming lessons in one of the Island’s most unique locations.
Leadership Day Camps
With a unique natural environment, multicultural and fully trained camp counsellors and a safe, supportive atmosphere, your child will experience a focus on team building, leadership and community-building and good memories of exciting outdoor and cultural adventures.
What you need to know
- Campers ages 6 to 14 welcome!
- Day camps run the weeks of July 5 to Aug. 16, 2021
- Day camps run Monday to Friday, 5 days a week (except week of B.C. Day long weekend)
- Day camp programs begin at 9 a.m. and wrap up by 4 p.m.
- Before and after-camp care available*
- Three convenient pick-up and drop-off points available*
- Hot lunches and snacks available*
- Register your kids for one week, two weeks or all summer long!
- All COVID-19 health and safety protocols in place!
*Extra fee applies.
Optional Additional Fees
- Hot lunch and mid-morning snacks — $65 per week
- Before and after-camp care available 8 a.m. – 9 a.m. & 4 p.m. – 5 p.m. — $60 per week
- Pick up and drop off from 1 of 3 locations — $50 per week
Week 1: July 5 – 9 $160
Week 2: July 12 – 16 $160
Week 3: July 19 – 23 $160
Week 4: July 26 – 30 $160
Week 5: August 3 – 6 $128 (4 days)
Week 6: August 9 – 13 $160
Week 7: August 16 – 20 $160
Registration & Related Information
- In order to facilitate activity planning, refunds are only available if notice of withdrawal is provided in writing at least 2 weeks prior to the start date of each camp.
- All cancellations are subject to a $25 Administration Fee per camp.
Covid-19, Health & Safety Information
- As directed by the Provincial Health Officer, all necessary COVID-19 health and safety protocols will be in place.
- Please be sure to check your child every morning for symptoms before camp.
- Campers who exhibit symptoms during the day will will be required to take the BCCDC COVID-19 Self Assessment test. Depending on these results, we will follow all recommended protocols, including isolation, contacting parents/guardians, reporting the potential outbreak to health officials and instigating a 14-day isolation protocol for participants if necessary.
- Day Camp Counsellors and Leaders are first aid certified and applicable Criminal Record Checks will be conducted. Some Counsellors and Leaders also have paddlesports certification and emergency response training.
About Pearson College UWC
Located in the District of Metchosin, Pearson College is one of 18 United World Colleges around the world and the only UWC in Canada.
Students aged 16-19 from Canada and across the globe study the International Baccalaureate (IB) curriculum alongside an experiential, place-based education program.
Questions? Need more Information?
Please Contact Angela Gatari
Experiences at Pearson College UWC
650 Pearson College Dr
Victoria, BC V9C 4H7
Pearson College UWC is proud to acknowledge that our community lives, learns and works on the unceded territory of the Sc’ianew First Nation.