Join us on Beautiful Pedder Bay
Day campers will experience 77 acres of West Coast shoreline and forested trails, offering a fun and adventurous setting for outdoor challenges, leadership and community-building and cultural activities.
In all our activities, your child’s safety is paramount! Here’s just a sample of some of the adventures coming this summer:
> Team Building
> Arts & Crafts
> Drama, Music & Dance
> Celebration of Difference
> Nature Hikes
> Field Trips
Weather permitting, your child will have the opportunity to experience area field trips, safe and supervised kayak tours of Pedder Bay and swimming sessions in one of the Island’s most unique locations.
Leadership Day Camps
With a unique natural environment, multicultural and fully trained camp counsellors and a safe, supportive atmosphere, your child will experience a focus on team building, leadership and community-building and good memories of exciting outdoor and cultural adventures.
What you need to know
- Campers ages 6 to 14 welcome!
- Day camps run the weeks of July 4 to Aug. 5, 2022
- Day camps run Monday to Friday, 5 days a week (except week of B.C. Day long weekend)
- Day camp programs begin at 9 a.m. and wraps up by 4 p.m.
- Before and after-camp care available*
- Three convenient pick-up and drop-off points available*
- Hot lunches and snacks available*
- Register your kid(s) for one week, two weeks or any of the five weeks!
- All COVID-19 health and safety protocols in place!
*Extra fee applies.
Optional Additional Fees
- Hot lunch and mid-morning snacks — $67.50 per week
- Before and after-camp care available 8 a.m. – 9 a.m. & 4 p.m. – 5 p.m. — $60 per week
- Pick up and drop off from 1 of 3 locations — $50 per week
Week 1: July 4 – 8 $190
Week 2: July 11 – 15 $190
Week 3: July 18 – 22 $190
Week 4: July 25 – 29 $190
Week 5: August 2 – 5 $152 (4 days)
Registration & Related Information
- In order to facilitate activity planning, refunds are only available if notice of withdrawal is provided in writing at least 2 weeks prior to the start date of each camp.
- All cancellations are subject to a $25 Administration Fee per camp.
Covid-19, Health & Safety Information
- As directed by the Provincial Health Officer, all necessary COVID-19 health and safety protocols will be in place.
- Please be sure to check your child every morning for symptoms before camp.
- Campers who exhibit symptoms during the day will will be required to take the BCCDC COVID-19 Self Assessment test. Depending on these results, we will follow all recommended protocols, including isolation, contacting parents/guardians and reporting the potential case to health officials if necessary.
- Day Camp Counsellors and Leaders are first aid certified and applicable Criminal Record Checks will be conducted. Some Counsellors and Leaders also have paddlesports certification and emergency response training.
Meet our team
Angela Gatari | Camp Director
Hello! My name is Angela and I am from Victoria, BC, Canada. I am the Community Events and Partnerships Manager at Pearson College UWC and one of the Directors for the Pearson Summer Outdoor Leadership Camps. I am looking forward to working with our diverse group of talented leaders to help make your child’s camp experience a wonderful one, full of interesting experiences and lots of fun!
If I could choose one superpower to have, it would be the ability to speak every language so that I would be able to communicate with everyone as I travelled the world!
Lee Richardson | Camp Director
Lee Richardson started Richardson Sport Inc in 2005, since then the camps he has created have been attended by thousands of children all over Canada, and the United States. Lee has a passion for traveling and teaching and has coached all over North America and Europe. He has a BSc. in Environmental Science and a BEd. in Primary Education. He loves the outdoors and is a professional Sea Kayaker. He loves sports and spends life sharing his passion for the outdoors with other people, he continues teaching and learning sports. Recently, Lee has started Stand Up Paddle Boarding with his family and loves to go with them on camping trips. He is the founder of Richardson Sport Inc., EcoQuest Adventures, BestCoast Outfitters and the Executive Director of Braefoot Community Association.
More information about our amazing team will follow soon.
About Pearson College UWC
Located in the District of Metchosin, Pearson College is one of 18 United World Colleges around the world and the only UWC in Canada.
Students aged 16-19 from Canada and across the globe study the International Baccalaureate (IB) curriculum alongside an experiential, place-based education program.
Questions? Need more Information?
Please Contact Angela Gatari
Experiences at Pearson College UWC
650 Pearson College Dr
Victoria, BC V9C 4H7
Pearson College UWC is proud to acknowledge that our community lives, learns and works on the unceded territory of the Sc’ianew First Nation.