Please Note: Due to the evolving COVID-19 situation, we are asking non-essential visitors to campus to cancel visits for the foreseeable future. Unless you are providing an essential service to the campus community, please do not come on to campus. The campus is closed to casual visitors, including those who may wish to park on campus to use nearby hiking trails, and others except for essential needs personnel.
Update SAT Test Centre at Pearson College UWC
Nov 24, 2020
Due to COVID-19 cases increasing in the Province and new B.C. Provincial health-related restrictions and guidelines, our TEST CENTER at Pearson College UWC will be closed for the December scheduled SAT’s tests.
This applies for Pearson and non-Pearson students registered for SAT tests. All other test centers on Vancouver Island are also closed at this moment.
We are working close with the SAT administration to open our test center next term.
Sept 30, 2020
SAT Test Safety Guidelines | Pearson College UWC, Centre 94492
- Arrive to the test center on the main road to drop off the test takers. You will see a sign posted where to drop off test takers.
- We require the use of masks for all test takers. Any other PPE (eg. face shields, gloves, etc. are optional)
- Only test takers wearing a mask are allowed to enter the buildings, which is the Maxbell hall at Pearson College UWC.
- Entrance will be from the front of the main building using the stairs. Signs will be posted to distribute test takers to different waiting rooms and test rooms.
- Physical distance protocols will be in place. Please respect them.
- Washing hands, or using hand sanitizer instead, during all test breaks is required.
- Pearson College UWC campus premises are closed to external visitors except for the areas used for testing during the test times.
- Parents and guardians have to remain inside their cars when dropping off and picking up test takers. They are not allowed to park on the driveways. In case they wait for their children, they should do it inside their cars for a maximum of 30 minutes before the test has ended. Everyone is required to use a mask at all times on College premises.
It is required that test takers follow these procedures. Not following safety guidelines may result in not admitting a test taker.
No external people are allowed to remain at the campus. Please drop off and pickup test takers at the proper times.
Oct 02, 2020 – Canadian Government has lifted the travel restrictions for International students: According to Government of Canada “amended travel restrictions will take effect on October 20, allowing international students to enter Canada if their designated learning institution (DLI) has an approved COVID-19 readiness plan in place”. Pearson College UWC is a designated learning institution and has an approved COVID-19 plan in place.
Sept 18, 2020 – Conversations with Craig | Campus Update (Video)
June 30, 2020 – Behind the scenes on Pearson Restart Planning
June 17, 2020 – Restart Message to Parents/Guardians, Students and UWC National Committees
April 20, 2020 – Campus Update: Resilience and Gratitude
March 28, 2020 – Campus Update: Resilience