Reunions: evolving with the times
One of PC’s most beloved and long-standing traditions — decade anniversary reunions — have been held on campus practically every summer, in June or August, since the first 10-Year Reunion brought together YR 1 and 2 in 1985.
Organized by volunteer committees made up of alumni and former faculty and supported by College staff members, these much-awaited encounters have typically brought together around one third of our alumni, mostly those living closer to BC, being able to take the time away from work and in positions to afford the travel.
Exceptionally, in 2020 and 2021, due to the global pandemic, all reunions scheduled to be held those summers were either postponed or held virtually. Interestingly, both Reunions held online (40-Year for YR 3,, 4, 5, 6 in 2020 and 30-Year for YR 16, 17, 18, 19 in 2021) were attended by record numbers of alumni living in more locations around the world than ever before.
Other cohorts originally scheduled to reunite in 2020 (10-Year Reunion for YR 34, 35, 36, 37) or 2021 (20-Year Reunion for YR 25, 26, 27, 28), decided to postpone their gathering and to instead merge with classes scheduled to gather in 2022 (10-Year for YR 36, 37, 38, 39) and 2023 (YR 25, 26, 27 ,28, 29, 30).
While clustering six cohorts together on campus maximizes our accommodation capacity and helps promote networking among a broader group of alumni, it also presents additional challenges which require new approaches.
Please email us if you have ideas and suggestions for future reunions. We are always interested in supporting you in this!
Traditional On-Campus Reunions
- Since 1985, PC “Decade Milestone” Reunions have been hosted every summer on campus.
- Until 2015, 10-Year Reunions were shared either with 1st years or 2nd years, while 20-Year Reunions were vice versa: 30-Year Reunions were clustered in triads beginning with YR 1-2-3, starting in 2005.
- In 2015, with its first-ever 40-Year Reunion, PC changed the pattern, clustering together four cohorts (YR 1-2-3-4), with an overlap of two cohorts every other year (YR 3-4-5-6), and so on.
- This cluster reorganization was done to maximize space on campus, allow alumni to have two grouping choices and encourage individuals to widen their network. Additionally, scheduling was also amended permanently, taking Saturdays out of the reunion period, to accommodate for revenue-generating activities such as weddings.
- In 2020, due to the global pandemic, the pattern was broken: the 10-Year Reunion (YR 34-35-36-37) was postponed – the 40-Year Reunion (YR 3-4-5-6) was held over three days via videoconference.
- This unprecedented situation also sparked a number of impromptu virtual 35/36/37/38-Year Reunions for YR 7, 8, 9, and 10, among others (Link to the Story)
Looking forward to 2022: an exceptional 10-Year Reunion and a 40-Year Reunion
10-Year Reunion for YR 34,35,36,37, 38, 39 carried over from 2020
REGISTRATIONS ARE OPEN NOW!
We are excited to see you on campus again! Register for your 10-Year Reunion today!
- Due to Covid-19 the 10 Year Reunion scheduled in 2020 was postponed to summer 2022. The planning has begun and we’ve already heard from many of your fellow alumni who are looking forward to returning to campus to reminisce and reconnect.
- As a result, exceptionally in 2022, plans are to hold a 10-Year Reunion over 8 days for six cohorts (YR 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 & 39).
- Confirmed Dates: Friday 5th – Friday 12th August 2022
- Check out your reunion website, UWC Hub Group: PC Reunion YRs 34 39 Summer 2022 and facebook event for updates and calls for actions
- For alumni wishing to help the alumni-led Organizing Committee and/or Travel Fund Committee, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org to your year rep on the Organizing Committee for further details and support.
Regularly scheduled 40-Year Reunion for YR 5,6,7,8
REGISTRATIONS ARE OPEN NOW!
We are excited to see you on campus again! Register for your 40-Year Reunion today!
- Dates: 14-18 August 2022
2023: Call to Action for all YR 25-26-27-28 alumni
For those wishing to play a part in the Organizing Committees for their 20-Year Reunion to be possibly held in 2023 together with YR 29 and 30, please write to email@example.com for further details and support.