Volunteering on campus is becoming more and more popular among alumni of all ages. With the advent of new programs and new accommodation offerings, you can consider helping the campus community throughout the year, for a few days or over several months. There are many needs and opportunities for you to contribute time and talent in a meaningful way, ranging from pulling broom (invasive species), to carrying out research on fellow alumni, facilitating student workshops about life after Pearson, to training faculty and staff on matters of your expertise. As a volunteer, in exchange for just 4 hours of work daily, we offer you a shared room, meals in the cafeteria, and access to campus facilities (like the pool, the gym, the library) as you become part of the campus community and fully engage in residential life.
Interested? Please complete the application form and we will contact you shortly.
There are also many opportunities to contribute your time and expertise to the UWC movement off campus. Some of these are:
- Lead or join the organizing committee in your city and help promote the annual UWC Day on 21 September
- Join the UWC Hub and start mentoring a fellow alumnus or alumna
- Join a UWC National Committee where you live
- Take part in or create a new UWCx initiative
- Help promote UWC and recruit new applicants among youth
- Take a leadership role in your region to organize community building or awareness raising events
- Welcome new alumni to your region
- Host an alumni event
- Act as a resource to recent graduates as they get started in their careers
- Volunteer with a UWC Short Course somewhere in the world
If you have another idea of how you’d like to contribute to life on campus or to the movement worldwide, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
© Pearson College UWC 2018