Re-ignite your passion for UWC, explore collaboration opportunities, or simply connect with like-minded individuals in your area at a Pearson and/or UWC alumni gathering. You can gather your fellow alumni in your region with a whole slew of different events. Some we’ve seen work successfully are potlucks, picnics, happy hours, and BBQs.
How to host a gathering:
We recommend a couple of alumni work together to plan and host an event. Give yourself time to prepare.
Regional event hosts typically:
- select and secure the gathering site
- work with the Alumni Office to define the invitation list
- suggest wording for the invitation emails, social media posts and website
- make personal outreaches to encourage attendance
- attend the gathering and say a few words about Pearson or UWC
- share posts about and photos from the gathering on social media during and/or after the event
The Alumni Office can help regional event volunteers in many ways:
- connect you with other regional leaders
- producing email lists of alumni in the area
- sending email invitations and posting event information on the College’s social media outlets and website
- coordinating RSVPs
- providing talking points on College updates
- providing event materials (e.g. name tags, donation cards, etc.)
Please contact the Alumni Engagement Officer at least 8 weeks before your proposed event date, so that we can help you organize and publicize the event.
© Pearson College UWC 2018