APPLY AS A CANADIAN
The UWC National Committee of Canada welcomes applications from students in all provinces and territories in Canada who are Canadian citizens and landed immigrants or permanent residents of Canada.
Applications for the 2016 year have now closed. To apply as a Canadian citizen or landed immigrant of Canada for 2017 entry, check back in September 2016.
If you have questions about applying as a Canadian citizen or landed immigrant of Canada that aren’t answered in our FAQs, please contact General Inquiries by email. If you have particular questions about applying from Quebec, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We prefer applicants to be in Grade 11 when they apply. For entry in 2017, this means being in Grade 11 as of September 2016. Applicants should be 16 or 17 years old as of September 2017.
- Canadian students interested in attending another UWC should follow the same application process as those who wish to attend Pearson
- To give you a brief idea of the types of students we are looking for, descriptive words include: determined, curious, fearless, ambitious, open, bright, collaborative, disciplined, can-do, indefatigable, generous, kind
- As our academic program follows the challenging International Baccalaureate, successful applicants should feel comfortable in an academic environment
Applicants from the province of Quebec must:
- Be 16 or 17 years old in September 2017
- Be in secondary 5 in September 2016, or be completing a year of volunteer work (or other applicable experience) before starting their cegep studies
- Not have applied for a UWC scholarship in the past
- The UWC National Committee of Canada processes all complete Canadian applications with the help of provincial and territorial UWC selection committees. It is these committees that do the student selection for all UWCs, including Pearson
- The UWC National Committee of Canada and the selection committees look for students who are inspired by the UWC movement and have a genuine desire to be part of it.
- A short list of applicants is chosen for personal interviews with each selection committee
- Successful candidates are selected from those interviewed
- The Heads of the Colleges generally accept recommended candidates, but reserve the right to decide final acceptance or rejection of any applicant
HOW MUCH DOES A PEARSON COLLEGE EDUCATION COST?
All candidates are evaluated on their merit — not on their ability to pay.
Successful candidates will have showcased their leadership, promise and potential to be change makers.
No candidate of merit will be turned away due to financial reasons.
All shortlisted candidates are asked to declare their UWC preferences.
In order to keep our scholarship program as generous as possible and offer this transformational education to young leaders from diverse backgrounds, candidates being considered will undergo means testing to determine the level of scholarship support available to each individual.
Candidates’ families are therefore asked to complete a means test. This financial assessment is run by an independent third party and is kept entirely separate from the selection panel.
Candidates being considered for UWC schools outside of Canada will also undergo the means testing process to determine the places for which they will best qualify.
QUESTIONS? CLICK HERE FOR OUR FAQs.
Map of UWC Colleges across the globe