TUESDAY, 1 MAY 2012 2:28 PM
The result’s from the Times Colonist 10K run on April 29 were plain amazing. We literally sailed in on two boats, and sailed through the race. Out of over 10,000 participants, here’s how we did:
- We won $1,000 for having the school team with the most members (112).
- We won $1,000 for being the fastest school team (the average time for the fastest five runners).
- We had two boys place in the Top 10 (19 and under).
- We had one girl place in the Top 10 (19 and under).
- Over 20 runners cleaned College Director David Hawley’s clock and wallet, finishing before him, requiring him to donate to the school's Scholarship Fund (a calclation based on how much faster each runner was).
Add in a fundraising match by an anonymous donor, and the College has raised over $6,000 towards scholarships.
"May the endorphins now carry our students through the IB exams that started this week," says the very pleased and most impressed College Director, David Hawley.